Monday, March 1, 2010

The cookbook arrives in the mail

The Hummingbird Bakery cookbook arrived in the mail this morning. More precisely, it arrived on Saturday but I wasn't in the office that day so I received it today. It is a beautiful 140-page book with recipes (and lots of pictures!!) for cupcakes, cakes, pies, cookies and cheesecakes.

The book is a present from my friend Sam. She and I haven't really been in touch for a while except for the sporadic Facebook messages so this was a totally out-of-the-blue gift for me. Sam, like all my other friends, has been witnessing my baking frenzy via Facebook these last few weeks.

I have always been rather partial to baking but things have really heated up (excuse the awful pun) since the end of January when I randomly decided to bake some vanilla cupcakes based on a recipe from a website. All the praise for the cupcakes went to my head and since then I have been on a mission to bake every new recipe I can get my hands on.

I'm really excited to start baking all the recipes in the cookbook and tasting the results (I will have to be careful about that). Hopefully, one of these days I will make it to London and taste the real thing at The Hummingbird Bakery on Portobello Road or South Kensington.

2 comments:

  1. Where does one sign up for the 'sampling brigade'?
    Best of luck - perhaps you'll open a franchise outlet of Hummingbird Bakery here someday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh, if you like a particular goodie, you can always post a comment and I'll try to get you a sample :)... as for the franchise, well I suppose I can dream!

    ReplyDelete